Lead Java / IBM Cloud Engineer
Verys, recognized as one of Southern California's leading software development firms, is seeking Lead Java/IBM Cloud Engineer who will work on high-visibility and complex technical projects as both a contributor and a technical manager. You will work alongside other technical leads, developers, testers, business analysts and project managers in an Agile environment and will also be responsible for interfacing directly with the business client. You will stay up-to-date on the latest Java frameworks and technologies and will collaborate daily to understand the overall business and functional flow of the applications they are developing. Your strong knowledge of cloud technologies, including IBM Cloud or BlueMix, and system migration skills will increase your success in this role. Additionally, your strong communication, listening and meeting facilitation skills will be on display as you interact with all levels of users, software developers and architects.
Please apply only if you are local to the Dallas area and can work onsite. RECRUITERS SUBMITTING CANDIDATES THAT ARE NOT LOCAL WILL BE EXCLUDED FROM ALL FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES.
Responsibilities include the following:
Desired Skills & Experience
- J2EE solution architect and design, development frameworks and environments
- Lead application migration from internal infrastructure to IBM Cloud
- Test, deploy and support system deliverables
- Write pseudo code and ensure coding standards amongst the team
- Remain hands on and develop code on a regular basis
- Must have a minimum of 3 years recent Java team leadership experience to be considered.
- Experience with IBM Cloud, BlueMix or Cloud Foundry is highly desired
- Minimum 12 years of overall IT experience
- Minimum 8 years of Java/J2EE development experience
- 3+ years working in a seasoned Agile/Scrum environment and ability to coach and mentor developers
- Expert in Agile, Test Driven Development (TDD) and paired programming
- Ability to explain principle fundamentals of OO design
- 3+ years of experience in JUnit and deep understanding of the tool and unit testing
- Experience with large scale .com system development
- Familiarity with SOLID design principles and Clean Code concepts desired