Verys, one of S. California's fastest growing software services firms, is seeking a Sr. DevOps/Systems Engineer to support our client's platform for their massively multiple player (MMO) game. This role will help architect, create and support a reliable, secure, scalable environment to in order provide the best gaming experience possible.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years experience with UNIX/Linux system administration experience in a 24/7 environment.
- Ability to install Linux and perform basic administrative tasks (adding accounts, adding software repos, network configuration, adding/removing disks)
- Knowledgeable in troubleshooting Linux systems: knows how to respond to various issues such as high server load, lack of disk space, simple network issues, etc.
- Expert level experience with Chef
- Hands-on experience with mail servers, proxies, CI/Automation software (Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.), Configuration Management software (Chef, Puppet, etc.), bash scripting
- Experience writing and/or debugging Ruby or Python code. Strong preference for candidates with experience debugging code in live environments
- Ability to communicate technical topics to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.