Sr. Database Engineer
Verys, Orange County's fastest growing software development firm, is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Sr. Database Engineer to join our development team, working in our Santa Ana headquarters or our client's Santa Monica headquarters. This is a hands-on development role that will work with a small team that is developing back end services for our gaming client's platform.
Local Santa Monica candidates only, please. Must be able to interview and work onsite in Santa Monica CA. No sponsorship available.
Desired Skills & Requirements
- 8+ years experience working with DevOps and Agile/Scrum teams
- Strong SQL skills and query performance analysis
- Database design administration across multiple systems including MongoDB, MySQL, and AWS (Aurora, RDS, etc.)
- Design, and build logical and physical data models from the business and technical requirements
- Write complex stored procedures, functions, ETL jobs
- Ensure the databases meet modern security standards.
- Identify and optimize complex and long running queries, and remove blockages
- Set database modeling and SQL coding standards; educate team and enforce quality controls
- Troubleshoot production issues and provide on-call support
- Evaluate change requests and determine their impact to the production databases
- Ensure backup and recovery plans are sufficient
- Perform capacity planning and support monitoring in collaboration with development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related experience