Verys, recognized as one of Orange County's fastest growing software development firms, has an immediate need for a Quality Assurance Tester in our Irvine office. This role will work on an Agile Scrum team to test and deliver new web and mobile functionality. The Software Quality Assurance Tester will have the following responsibilities:
This is a full-time, direct hire position in our Irvine office. Local Irvine candidates only! Must be able to interview and work in our Irvine office. No recruiters or 3rd parties, please. ANY THIRD PARTIES OR RECRUITERS WHO SEND A RESUME WILL BE ELIMINATED FROM CONSIDERATION FROM ANY AND ALL FUTURE REQUIREMENTS
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Participate in testing efforts for new releases and ongoing application maintenance
- Participate in testing efforts for an Agile project team during 2 week iterations
- Writing test scripts to automate verification of REST API functionality for the web application.
- Generate Swagger/Open API documentation with python decorators.
- Integrate written scripts on GitHub.
- Use Postman to verify the API functionalities.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and principles of working with Agile/Kanban and Hansoft.
- Evaluate and implement test automation in the iteration cycle
- Identify and manage test cases for automation
Following skills are a must:
- 2+ years of automated testing experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT or related field
- Recent hands-on experience with Selenium Webdriver IO or other test automation tools
- Day to day experience working in an Agile environment on an Agile team.
- Strong leadership skills, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, and inter-personal skills
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Strong at multi-tasking and prioritizing activities to meet the project needs
- Recent experience in creating test strategy, test plan and test cases for large projects
- Ability to create and run test cases that cover a wide variety of scenarios such as functional, regression, endurance, integration, performance
- Good at capturing and documenting necessary details for test cases
- Ability to learn the business logic quickly to interpret requirements and prioritize defects