Important note: For this position, we are only considering candidates local to the Denver, CO area. We are not currently working with third parties or offering sponsorship. Thank you!
At Verys, we build software to be proud of for world class clients like Blizzard, American Airlines, Kia, and Experian. Our developers have a chance to work with a variety of tech stacks across industries, allowing them constant growth and exposure to new challenges, all while enjoying the family-like culture of respect that has led to our success and growth over the last 7 years.
Right now, we’re looking to welcome a new Site Reliability Engineer
to join our team in Denver, Colorado. In this role, you will work cross functionally within the organization to assure high availability and stability for a variety of products.
If you have a can-do attitude and passion for delivering innovative and practical solutions, we’d love to hear from you!
- Subject Matter Expert on how the applications works, its underlying architecture, and data relationships.
- Address support escalations from Customer Support and IT Operations teams.
- Debug and correct application configurations, codes, database queries, and data to restore an incident.
- Collaborate with the product owner and product manager for any solutions that required non-operational development engagement.
- Apply reverse engineering to troubleshoot on the issue.
- Automate support processes.
- Participate in software releases and peer review on code changes.
- Deployment of hotfixes and ad hoc database changes to lower environments. Coordinate changes with IT Operations to production.
- Collaborate with IT Operations and development team to ensure proactive monitoring, high availability, and performance of products to achieve the best customer experience.
- Recommend and collaborate with others to innovate and implement solutions to optimize product and team performance.
- Take ownership of root cause analysis to resolve problems permanently.
- Create and maintain runbooks that outline development support procedures.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant professional experience.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft .NET frameworks.
- Exposure in writing database queries on SQL Server or equivalent database platforms.
- Coding and scripting skills such as programming using C#, PowerShell, Python, or other relevant languages.
- Good grasp in Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience in navigating on Linux environment is preferred.
- Cloud experience preferred (AWS, Azure, GCF)
- Skilled in creating runbook for support processes.
- Exposure to ITIL framework highly desired.
- 3+ years of similar working experience.
We are excited to review your application!