Verys, Southern California's fastest growing software development firm is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Lead or Senior Python Developer to join our development team in Austin, Texas. We build software to be proud of for clients such as Blizzard, American Airlines, Kia Motors, and Experian.
We are excited to expand our Verys team to the Austin, Texas area! We are currently working from a beautiful WeWork space while we hit the ground running and now is the chance to join our Texas team on the ground floor. This is the perfect time for those seeking a new opportunity within the Verys team.
As the Lead or Senior Python Developer, your first project will be using your Python skills to develop back-end services for our gaming client's platform. Additionally, you will grow your development skills as you learn Golang.
No sponsorship available. No recruiters or 3rd parties, please.
Desired Skills & Requirements
- Expert in Python, Nginx, Redis, MySQL, and AWS technologies
- Possess a strong technical background and a good grasp of software engineering principles, architecture, exceptional problem solving, design, programming, and testing skills.
- Ability to research and gain good working knowledge of technologies relevant to the strategic direction of the company.
- Learn and support new technologies, as well as propose new solutions that solve observed problems.
- Experience building cloud infrastructure and operating live systems.
- Solid knowledge of design patterns and object oriented software design practices.
- Good working knowledge of highly scalable web servers (e.g. Nginx, Tornado, Django).
- Good working knowledge of Message Brokers (RMQ/SQS), RDBMS (MySQL) and Caching technologies (Memcached/Redis).
- Solid knowledge on distributed, highly available and massively scalable system design.
- Experience writing/running load test
- Bonus points:
- Golang experience or desire to learn
- Experience working with microservices architecture
- Experience with RPC protocols including gRPC and jRPC
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related experience
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule