At Verys, our software engineers have the ability to own their projects and build their experience across tech stacks and industries. We build software to be proud of for clients like Blizzard, American Airlines, Kia, and Experian.
Right now, we’re looking to welcome a new Quality Assurance Automation Tester
to join our team in Austin, TX. In this role, you will work alongside technical leads, developers, and project managers to deliver the quality code that’s lead to our stable growth over the last 7 years.
If you are excited by solving complex challenges and growing your career within an innovative software services company, we’d love to hear from you!
What you will be doing
Skills and requirements
- Participate in testing efforts for new releases and ongoing application maintenance
- Participate in testing efforts for an Agile project team during 2-week iterations
- Define and document test strategy, test plans and test cases by evaluating functional and non-functional requirements of their user stories
- Manage the status of defects/changes and provide updates to the team on a daily basis
- Attend/conduct meetings with the IT team, vendor, business team, project program and other application teams to accomplish project goals
- Participate in demos to business unit for completed functionalities
- Create weekly metrics/reports to capture test progress for projects and releases
- Handle testing efforts for multiple projects/releases concurrently
- Evaluate and implement test automation in the iteration cycle
- Identify and manage test cases for automation
- Adapt to the needs of the group to coordinate testing efforts
- You’re smart, adaptable, and love picking up new skills.
- You have hands-on experience with Selenium Webdriver IO or other test automation tools.
- You have recent experience creating test strategy, test plan, and test cases for large projects.
- You’ve got the ability to create and run test cases that cover a wide variety of scenarios such as functional, regression, endurance, integration, and performance
- You can learn the business logic quickly to interpret requirements and prioritize defects.
- You’ve thrived on teams using the agile methodology
- You communicate well with teammates and clients, and your experience backs that up.
- You have at least 2 years of automated testing experience under your belt
Please note that we do not work with third parties or provide sponsorship at this time. We are excited to review your application!
- Competitive compensation based on your skills
- Learning resources like Udemy, Saisoft, and internal development meetups
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible hours and paid time off
- 401K matching