Important note: We are only considering candidates local to Los Angeles, CA. This position is temporarily fully remote due to COVID-19. Please note that we do not work with third parties or provide sponsorship at this time. We are excited to review your application!
At Verys, we build software to be proud of for clients like Blizzard, American Airlines, Kia, and Experian. Right now, we’re looking to welcome a new Technical Project Manager
to join our team in Santa Monica, California. If you are excited by solving complex challenges and growing your career within an innovative software services company, we’d love to hear from you!
What you will be doing
You will oversee the delivery of a diverse set of technologies and processes to bring a highly anticipated online game to players. You’ll work closely with engineering teams, keeping the technical projects on track and building work systems that ensure that we’re able to keep our commitments to players. You’ll inspire teams to collaborate across time (zones) and space, and help prioritize work with an eye towards player value.
Skills & Requirements
- Provide delivery leadership for technical projects
- Audit and improve existing development processes, bolstering visibility and predictability
- Prioritize work to help mitigate distractions and impacted velocity
- Work closely with product leadership, providing transparency around any risks that could affect delivery schedule or development velocity
- Build healthy teams with a continuous improvement mentality
- Build accountability through agreements and follow-up (e.g., defining sprints, milestones, roles and responsibilities)
- You’re highly experience with leading development and delivery efforts for medium-to-large teams
- You’ve worked with engineers to deliver technical features, specifically on games-as-a-service
- You have a deep toolkit of development methodology (especially Agile)
- You employ systems-based thinking, with a willingness to invest time to understand causal motivations
- You can effectively work with teams, especially remote, across multiple disciplines, time-zones and cultures
- You’ve been doing something similar for at least 6 years
- Fluency in Mandarin is highly desired
- Bonus points if you are passionate about gaming!
- Competitive compensation based on your skills
- Learning resources like Udemy, Saisoft, and internal development meetups
- An awesome culture with opportunities to meet like-minded people; whether you’re into gaming, reading, hiking, or craft food and drink, there’s a club for that.
- Philanthropic events to get involved in the community
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible hours and paid time off
- 401K matching